About Me

My photo
Hello! And welcome to "Following the Fosters". I am a second grade teacher who loves making kids feel safe, loved, and extra special! My husband is self employed and together we live a happily married life with our wonderful dog, Kiwi. We love spending time with each other, but more importantly we love serving God and putting others first. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy Following the Fosters!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

First, let me start of by saying that I should get the #1 wife of the year award... NOT! Honestly, I feel awful for how our Valentine's Day went down. Last year Scott was out of town, so we didn't get to spend it together and this year I was sick, so again, we didn't really get to spend it together. I've never been the biggest fan of valentines day... I feel like it's an over rated holiday and an excuse for stores to make a ton of money! Working in a public school, you can witness all of the money and junk being purchased! And it's a lot!! With all that being said, Scott and I didn't have any big plans for V-Day. We tossed around the idea of going on a bike ride and riding over to Chipotle to eat. But, my body had other plans for us! That morning at school, my stomach started aching and would come in go in sharp pains that made me me feel like I was going to pass out and throw up. But, if you know me at all, I stayed at school all day. I'm sure all of my parents thought I was a fuddy dud during the party, but I tried to act excited and like I felt great!! When I finally got home, I sat outside with Scott for a little bit, but headed inside pretty soon. As soon as I walked through the door, the vomit hit me and I ran to the bathroom. (It was not a pretty sight, but is it ever?!) I quickly started running a fever and my sweet husband went to the store to make some homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. While he was gone, I was starting to chill, so I went to bed to try to get warm. He came back, made the soup, and here's where I'm an awful wife comes into play... I could never pry myself away from the bed to get up and go eat some. :( I was aching all over and could not get up! Finally, when I thought It was about 8:00, I got up, but it was really 11:45. (Too late to eat soup) so I went back to bed. And slept again until my alarm went off. I did eat some delicious soup for lunch the next day and he did an amazing job!! True chef! After apologizing several times, I think he finally forgave me. ;)

* I got a new pair of UGG house shoes and a beautiful bouquet of roses. :) such a good man!

The other flowers are from the 13th. He's too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment