About Me

My photo
Hello! And welcome to "Following the Fosters". I am a second grade teacher who loves making kids feel safe, loved, and extra special! My husband is self employed and together we live a happily married life with our wonderful dog, Kiwi. We love spending time with each other, but more importantly we love serving God and putting others first. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy Following the Fosters!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hello Again!

If you have read my previous blog at Dull Day Diaries then you know it has been a long time since my last post. This year I have been finishing up my degree in Elementary Education, and have had the opportunity to student teach for one year. But, on top of that I have been trying to keep up with school, work, and a boyfriend! God has blessed me with a new man in my life, an amazing man! As a child you dream of that perfect man, and pray for God to bring him to you as soon as possible. But I've realized that when you quit looking and "wanting" God will bless you with more than you asked for.

Introducing Scott Foster.

Scott and I were introduced to one another by his wonderful sister-in-law Mindy. Mindy is a kindergarten teacher at the same school I am interning at. She is a beautiful person who seemed to have a very outgoing personality... but unfortunately I did not know her that well- in fact we had never spoken before. One day in the hallway, she stops me and asks me if I had talked to Julie.... "No, why" Oh, well have you talked to Sara.... "No, why" (Both my mentor teachers) In my mind I'm thinking oh great, what have I done! And then she goes on to tell me that she has a guy for me to meet. Her brother-in-law. "He's a great guy looking for a good girl" She pretty much leaves it at that, I smile, and tell her I will think about it. Knowing that nothing will ever come out of this conversation I gone on with my day.

The next day at school, Mindy stops in at the computer lab (where my class is) and asks me if I had thought about it any. She goes on to tell me that he is cute, tall, and a good guy, and asks me if I would be willing to go on a double date and meet him. Ok- I barely know you, and I don't know him, and I'm SHY. NO- I would no be willing. So, I tell her I would look him up on Facebook, and add him as a friend, and see where it goes from there. She agrees that that would be a good idea. So, I wait a couple of days, and then send him a friend request. He immediately sends me a message, and we begin talking for a couple of days on the computer. He finally gets brave enough and asks me for my phone number. When he called for the first time, I was on the other line with my mentor teacher, so I didn't answer.

1. Because I was on the phone.
2. I was way to nervous to answer and talk to him.
3. I'm new to this whole dating thing!

After I get off of the phone with Sara, I work up enough courage to call him back. The good news is, he was nervous too, so our phone conversation did not even last 2 minutes. He quickly asked me if I would want to go to a razorback basketball game with him. I said Yes. Mistake? Maybe. The only reason I would have said no was because my UNIT (which was worth a lot of points, and lot of work) was due the next day. So I had to make a decision. A. Finish my unit or B. Go on a date with a complete stranger who I know nothing about except for the fact that he's supposedly cute, tall and a great guy. I chose choice B. = )

Our first date deserves a post of it's own. It's priceless.

My goal is to blog more often, and keep you up to date on my life. Wish me luck!

-Amelia

6 comments:

  1. So glad you have a new blog! It is a small world after all- I teach with Candace Reed, who is related to Scott! She is actually related to Judy Foster from Prairie Grove! : ) You two make a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new blog! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Foster family! Very nice family! I am so happy for you Amelia! =)

    ReplyDelete