About Me

My photo
Hello! And welcome to "Following the Fosters". I am a second grade teacher who loves making kids feel safe, loved, and extra special! My husband is self employed and together we live a happily married life with our wonderful dog, Kiwi. We love spending time with each other, but more importantly we love serving God and putting others first. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy Following the Fosters!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Just one more day


As the bell dismissal bell rang today... I ran out into the hallways singing"Just One More Day" to the tune of Annie's Tomorrow, Tomorrow song. All of the teachers (and students got a kick out of it) But it's true... Just one more day until Christmas Break. Then it's time to kick it gear and finish some last minute shopping and wrapping. The wrapping situation might be backed up a little bit, so if you get bored over the next few days let me know and I can put you to work! It's funny to me how wrapping gifts use to be such a treat as a kid, but now it's such a job! And I use to think mom was being super nice when she'd let us wrap most of the gifts- now I know the truth. It's torture!
On top of wrapping gifts, I need to mail out our Christmas Cards. I got them printed and most of them filled out, but I can't manage to stick a stamp on them and get them in the mail. Goodness, I'm pathetic! But here's our Christmas card picture, thanks to the beautiful and talented Becke' Stuart!


In the teaching world there is never a dull moment in the classroom. The other day I had a little boy decide it would be a great idea to give another little girl in my class a new look for Christmas. Out of the blue he grabs a pair of scissors and cuts a chunk of her hair out. She immediately bursts out into tears and says my mom's going to kill me- I did this in kindergarten and she never forgave me! Honey, I know your mom forgave you and this time it wasn't your fault... It's not even noticeable... gulp, gulp. Let's just say this turned into a trip to the office and 2 phone calls from the principal.

Tonight has ended magnificently, with me sweet talking Scott into opening 2 of his Christmas presents. Not just 1, but 2! I love the holidays and I love giving gifts, it's the most wonderful time of the year!! ( Ok, he say's I threatened him into opening them, and I might have started opening them for him since he wouldn't!) But it was still a GREAT night.


3 comments:

  1. that man of yours better get used to the fact that your love language is gift giving! gulp...can't believe your student lost a chunk of hair. gulp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture! Oh, yes- there are always funny moments in the classroom! : ) I hope our card made it to you guys! Take care! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did. And it was just as beautiful and creative as always!

    ReplyDelete