About Me

My photo
Hello! And welcome to "Following the Fosters". I am a second grade teacher who loves making kids feel safe, loved, and extra special! My husband is self employed and together we live a happily married life with our wonderful dog, Kiwi. We love spending time with each other, but more importantly we love serving God and putting others first. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy Following the Fosters!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

School Wide Pajama Day



Today was pajama day at school and it was great! I have decided that every day should be pajama day at school. How awesome and comfortable are pajamas... especially at school for 8 hours. = ) Today was pretty much a blow off day at school. We started off the morning with an awards assembly, then we headed to the classroom to do an ornament exchange. We played a game where I read a story with lots of "lefts and rights" and the kids had to pass their ornament to the left when I said left and right when I said right. It was a great way to practice listening as well as which way is left and right! I will say we probably had to start over about 5 times before they got the hang of it! After that we finished watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas, since we did not get to finish it from Grinch Day last Friday. Then, it was lunch time, Christmas Sing-along and movie time with the principal. Like I said, it was a great day, but it went by very slowly!! Could it be because I was VERY ready for the break!?

Back to Grinch Day... A day full of Green and the Grinch
I started off Grinch day by decorating the classroom and door so that the kids could have the BEST Grinch day ever! Then as soon as they got in the room, they made their own Grinch masks. During Reading Workshop, we did a rotation where the students made "Who Stew" where they turned who words into real words, Grinch Readers Theatre, Grinch Verb tense, and another word activity. Then the students got to make a cute craft where they made their own grinch and said how they would make a Grinch Grin. One of my favorites "I would tickle his toes" Then we tried to make a Grinch Glyph which turned into a BIG mess and headache for Mrs. Foster! It was horrible. They were super cute, but I don't know if I will be putting that on the agenda again for next year, especially since it used up all our construction paper! We ended the day with watching the Grinch and eating Who Pudding and drinking Grinch Juice!

My classroom door... I don't know why the picture turned sideways. sorry!
The Grinch Team


On a more positive note- I finished my Christmas shopping tonight! I dragged Scott to the mall and we got it done! I even found a Christmas present for me, that I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT. wink wink. When we got home I spent several hours wrapping and even though our living room looks like Santa's Shop- I'm still not done. But it will all be worth it in the end, right?

Work Christmas Party

1 comment:

  1. What a small world! Terri Mitchell was my aid for years and I taught both her daughters. I also taught Ty tice {Tracy's son} and McKenzie Shepherd! I had Brenda's daughter, Steppen in my class, as well. Ha! Great families! : )

    ReplyDelete