About Me

My photo
Hello! And welcome to "Following the Fosters". I am a second grade teacher who loves making kids feel safe, loved, and extra special! My husband is self employed and together we live a happily married life with our wonderful dog, Kiwi. We love spending time with each other, but more importantly we love serving God and putting others first. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy Following the Fosters!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Keystone Day 1

Today was our first day to ski the beautiful mountains in Keystone, Colorado. We had beautiful weather with lot's of sunshine- but, there was also a lot of wind AND the mountains are lacking some snow right now. Out of 130+ slopes only 60 of them are open. And mother nature is starting to stick through many of the slopes that are open. They are trying their best to keep the basic slopes open and have the fake snow machines running non-stop. But it's definitely not the same as fresh powder.

We started of our morning being lazy and sleeping in a little bit. Scott and I both slept horribly the night before. We were both tossing and turning and kept each other up all night. It was the longest night ever! So we finally got up and hit the slopes around 10. After waiting in line for a very long time for lift tickets... we finally hit the slopes (after waiting in line to get on a lift) Our first run down we both made it with out falling, but I will say that Scott is a speedy skier and spends some time waiting on me. Poor Guy! After we ate some yummy pizza for lunch, we hit the slopes again but this time I dropped my ski pole of off the lift on our way to the top of the mountain. Awww man! I've never done this before and I felt like an idiot for doing it just then. We continued to go up the lift and I skied down the mountain with one pole. (Of course due to the lack of snow, the slope my pole was on- was closed) So, we hopped back on the lift and tried to figure out exactly where it was- and we found it! It was about 300 yards up from where the lift starts, so I told Scott I'm going to hike and get it! Beats paying for a new pole! As sweet as his is, he says that he will get it and that he has a plan. So we head down the slope and as we get to the bottom- he darts over and tries to make it as far as he can to where the pole will be, which isn't far... = ( Then he pops his skies off and starts hiking through the trees to get to the slope on the other side. Gulp, I'm thinking, he's going to kill me! So, I pop my skies off and head over to the edge to watch him, and I keep seeing him go for a little bit, and then stop.... and then he'll go for a little bit more.... and stop. In my mind I'm thinking what is wrong with him- is he hurt? Is he sick? Or is he just tired- out of breath? Now, keep in mind he's hiking 300 yards up a STEEP hill in ski boots and just in case you forgot- we are in the mountains of Colorado where there's a lack of air supply! He finally makes it to the pole and heads back down the mountain. Oh my goodness I'm thinking, he's not going to make it! He finally makes it back over to where he left his skies and bless his heart he is worn out! And honestly- I don't even know if I'd still be breathing if I were the one who had just made that hike. But anyways... to make a long story short- my awesome, amazing, sweet, loving, caring, number 1 husband saved my ski pole today!! He's the best!! But on the downside he has not felt well since making that hike and I hope I did not cause him to get sick. It's 10:00 and he's been asleep for a good 2 hours, which is not like him at all. Poor baby!

Hopefully tomorrow I will not lose anything!


1 comment:

  1. that is a patient and kind man you have snagged! so glad you are having fun! love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete